If you are a member of another institution and have a virtual card, this should allow you to login with an Oxford Single Sign-on and will enable you to take the course; however, your email address is not recorded in CoSy, so you will not receive the booking or completion emails. Your email will need to be added manually to the system.
Here are the steps to book and take an elearning course if you are a member of another academic institution.
1) You will need virtual access and an Oxford Single Sign-on account. Ask the Oxford department that has asked you to complete the course to organise this for you.
2) Ensure that your Oxford Single Sign-On account is activated.
3) Sign in to the CoSy booking system at https://cosy.ox.ac.uk/accessplan/LMSPortal/UI/Page/Dashboard.aspx
4) Once logged in to CoSy, you should see a screen with your name and functional tiles.
5) Click on the “My Details” tile.
6) Click the “Edit” button and add your email address. Click “Save”. Doing this will ensure that communications about the course are emailed to you.
7) Search for the course you would like to book and book the course via the shopping basket.
8) Once you have booked the course, you will receive an email with details about starting the course. Once you have passed the course, you should receive an email with a certificate.
Note if you have not completed steps 4 and 5 before booking the course, you will not receive these emails.
When you book an eLearning course, you do not need to take it on the same day; it will be available in your ‘My Elearning’ tile, ready to take when you are ready. If you return to take the course on a different day, you do not need to book the course again - go to your ‘My eLearning tile’ and start the course.