Inductions - IT at Oxford
Inductions for Your Students
At the start of the academic year, we work with over 50 groups of new postgraduates and researchers around the University, showcasing how IT Services and the IT Learning Centre can enable the most effective use of IT. It is never too early to contact us to arrange for us to give an induction talk to your group!
We are also willing to give an induction talk about IT at Oxford at any time of the year to suit your particular group.
[ Download this takeaway menu to use in your own materials or event: .PPTX .PDF ]
We offer a range of ways for you to let your students know about IT at Oxford:
- an online live presentation, with Q&A - on IT support, courses and resources (online at a date/time to suit you, subject to our teacher availability)
contact us to arrange this
- an in-person live presentation, with Q&A - on IT support, courses and resources (at your venue, on a date/time to suit you, subject to limited teacher availability)
contact us to arrange this
- an online escape room/virtual scavenger hunt style activity - students will interact and find out about the IT resources and courses available to support their studies (available anytime)
- a pre-recorded presentation - about IT support, courses and resources
( to be used at any time)
- downloadable “leaflets” – simple information about IT courses available, how to book and get help (download PDF)
- getting-started guidance from IT Services
Some departments make use of several of these formats, so as to provide for their students' range of circumstances.
Link to a shortened version of this page, suitable for sharing with your students: Inductions for students
Inductions for New Staff : "New to Oxford: IT signposts"
If you are new to Oxford University then it's likely that IT will form the backbone of your work. Join us for an informal tea-break, and learn how IT Services and the IT Learning Centre can support you in your role at Oxford.
Each term, we invite new staff to a tea-break along with IT Services. We collect a list of new starters directly from central HR and send out invitations, however if you have new staff that you think we might miss, just contact us and we will make sure we invite them along.
Choose between an in-person event at our Thames Suite teaching rooms or a virtual meeting via Teams (sorry, the cuppa and cake are "virtual" too, if you join us online).
Read more and book your place:
Use our online contact form
Email us at email@example.com
Thames Suite enquiries
Use our room enquiry form
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Compare the rooms
Instructional design enquiries
Use our instructional design enquiry form
Email us on email@example.com
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The IT Learning Centre is part of Customer Services at IT Services